Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Birthday Girl

Yesterday was my 53rd birthday. Time flies very fast and I try to cherish the day as it comes. No more moping and crying for the past. I will live for today, making sure I start the day by reciting the du'a,reading the holy book and living life to the fullest.

'Hajar! You are so serious. Relax and cheer up a bit. It looks as if you've given up hope on life. Relax... just follow the flow. Things will be fine, I know it will. Have faith'

After thirty years, I haven't change much. I am serious and emotional. I am hopeless in facing problem. Added to that, I dislike discussing my problems with my friends however trustworthy they are. I don't feel like it. Luckily, en suami is a wise man. Only recently,I learn the art of discussing the problem so that at the end of it, it won't create another problem!

This is how I do it. First make sure everyone is happy and contented. If one of you is driving, make sure that there is no traffic jam to cause the outburst of temper. Then, you can start telling your problem in a relax manner. If you are sad and upset, you can shed your tears but do not overdo it. Then wait for the response. Even if the problem is not solved, you will feel better to get it out of your system.

Making assumption is the evil of life. When Kerol decided to make the trip to Armidale, we only booked the return flight tickets. Kerol was stranded at the airport for the day because the train ticket was sold out! To avoid making assumption, do some research and ask around .

Life is always beautiful but short.Be adventurous and live life to the fullest. If ever you face the shortcomings of life, don't despair. Analyse the situation and don't ever take matters in your own hand. Consult the wise man and always look at the bright side of life. You may take a trip and visit friends to lift your spirits up. It is advisable not to expect life to be bed of roses. But if one day, unexpectedly, you were SLEEPING on the bed of roses, then say your praises to Allah and after that please stop complaining!

2 comments: