Friday, August 27, 2010

Nuzul Quran

Hari ini cuti. Just coming home from the wet market, and the cats had a lovely fresh fish breakfast. We plan to do a bit of gotong-royong around the house today, in preparation for Hari Raya.

Nuzul Quran is always special to us. Cik Tutor was born on Nuzul Quran. Being old-fashioned, we did not plan any names for her and a friend suggested 'Khadijah'. We were delighted and my family always call her in full even at home. Not dijah, dijay, dij, jah or DJ. I'm glad that she had dropped 'Park' at the end of her name and retain her maiden name.

Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against the non-muslims. I only wish that my next 'menantu' is blessed with taufik and hidayah from the al-Mighty. Fluent in reading the Quran, so that he'll take the responsibility to teach his children reading the holy book after every maghrib prayers, try his best to solat jemaah at the mosque or surau and get along fine with his family and his in-laws. Yes, I don't ask for much. If there are a few shortcomings here and there, things such as 'panas baran', 'cranky', 'suka laser', 'kuat tidur', I would just ignore it. After all, we are human and human are not perfect. Normally good husbands will let their hair down at home, so the wives have to tolerate the misbehaviour sometimes!

Another thing, I did a lot of cooking lately and Aman insisted me to post the recipes in the blog! InsyaAllah, I hope I have the time.

Well, it's time for gotong-royong. See you soon, insyaAllah.

No comments:

Post a Comment