Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Bye-bye Year 6

Alhamdulillah the exam is almost over. I am glad that the students did quite well. At least in the subject that I taught them. I taught Mathematics to two Year 6 classes. 6 Hud and 6 Adam. Before Hari Raya, I invited my students to come over to my house to study Maths. At first only 3 students responded. After Hari Raya, a group of students from Year 6 Hud came and I helped them to correct their maths mistakes. Since, it was still Hari Raya, I served them nasi lemak and the usual kuih raya. When I went through the students' paper 1 just now, I was quite surprised that 6 Hud fared better in the exams. At the beginning of the year, they were the underdog!
So the moral of the story, we can get good results if we are close to our students, being informal to them once in a while, but the respect is still there.

Aman is away at the moment, visiting his sister in Armidale. Kerol is going back to Jordan on 28th Sept. If all goes well, we might be busy cooking, baking and packing goodies for Kerol. He came home with a really huge suitcase, with souveniers for everybody. He even brought home air zamzam, dates and sweet delicacies from Jordan! It is appropriate that we fill his suitcase with something in return.

This year, the hari raya was a memorable one. There was a steady flow of visitors and I was really happy that they informed me beforehand. Then I could prepare some home-cooked food for them.

It was quite funny that one day Azhar told me this.
"Mak, kawan azhar nak chocolate cake. Dia sanggup bayar."

"Suruh dia buat sendiri, resepi kat blog mak,( Actually I don't mean it , so I said) Just joking, nanti kita buat sama-sama."

May be tonight I'll bake the cake. Gotta go now.

No comments:

Post a Comment