Sunday, August 14, 2011

Limited Time

We were in Tesco the other day. I was surprised to see the price hike of the food items sold there. Really absurd. I was wondering how families with growing up children can afford to make ends meet. Even though there were only Azhar and me, I still cook for berbuka and sahur. I managed to refrain myself from going to bazaar Ramadan ; you know how shopping with empty stomachs feels like. You end up buying food of your choice but you won't be able to consume it due to time restraint!

Usually I will cook 3 dishes; savoury item for the main meal, a vegetable dish and of course I will never forget my favourite, kuih! Ayah was admitted to the hospital on the fourth day of Ramadan because of gout. He loves breaking the fast in the surau. All the seafood and the meat dishes are not good for the gout sufferers. He wasn't able to walk and mum had to call my brother from Bangi to see Ayah. The pain was unbearable that he decided to go to the hospital. Now, I make sure that my parents stay at home and I will bring the home-cooked meals to be eaten with them. After maghrib prayers, we went to the surau for Isya' and tarawih prayers. I always look forward to the tazkirah session after the prayers. Around 11 p.m. we go home to Desa Perwira.

I still remember one of the ustaz telling us that one of the virtues of Al-Quran is its mukjizat. During the time it was revealed, the Quran was highly regarded because of its beautiful kalimahs. Later, even the Europeans used the Quran to draft their country's constitutions and at present, there are many scientific facts being proven by the Quran. So, hold fast to al-Quran and aim to finish reading the whole book during this month of Ramadhan.

2 comments:

  1. Agree. Although it is unfortunate that European leaders aren't Muslim, but one of the recipe of success of their economy is because they handle trade well. Not talking on riba. But they have a very good customer policy (such that we can return stuff which in a bad condition, delivering goods on time and they describe the goods as it is). That's just a few example. All of this had already been mentioned in Quran.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, couldn't agree with you more. My son, Khairul visited Armidale last June and was fortunate enough to see how dedicated Kak Dijah's friends are with their research work. He commented : I see Islam being practised in Aussie(particularly their work ethics) even though Muslims are a minority!

    ReplyDelete