Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Happy Teacher's Day

Salam. Got phone calls from my ex-students. Both were average boys but active, talkative and playful when they were in primary schools. Now both of them are happily married and have well-paid jobs.

One of them works with an international company, inspecting oil rigs around the world. He complained that it was hard to observe his daily prayers when he was at work. So he 'jamak' his prayers when he has to be on the oil rig.
When he first called at the office, I thought it was the salesperson. He asked about my well-being and what I was doing at that moment. Then he introduced himself. It was really a great surprise.

Then, this morning I've got another surprise call from Penang. He spoke softly as if mumbling to himself! When he introduced himself, I joked married life has softened him. He laughed his heart out. He admitted that he was very naughty when he was small. I cannot recall their mischiefs,but I am very happy with their progress now.

To all my students, wish you all the best whereever you are now.

No comments:

Post a Comment