Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Three in One

A kenduri? Actually we have 4 kenduris altogether.

1. It was suggested by my mum to hold a small kenduri a day before we departed for KB. My mum was so generous. She cooked nasi impit, kuah kacang, pulut kuning, rendang, toseh and I offered to cook beef curry and bubur kacang

2. On Friday, a day before the reception, my father planned a kenduri to celebrate cik tutor's safe arrival from Aussie. Actually he planned it months ago. He ordered a goat to be slaughtered and I have to cook the side dishes catering those who do not eat mutton. So we had mutton korma, chicken curry, sambal belacan, ulam , jelatah and fried fish. The doa selamat was held before friday prayers. While the men went to the mosque, the ladies helped me to make the house look more presentable and to assemble bunga pahar (bunga telur).

3. My mother asked my permission to hold a small kenduri(cukur jambul) for her 3-month old grandson in the morning before the wedding reception. I was thrilled. It was attended by a marhaban group led by my mum. It was indeed a joyous occasion.

We were extremely exhausted after the big day. Poor cik tutor. She was down with fever and sore throat.
I looked over the sms that she sent me a month ago. Kari ketam, tilapia goreng, ikan kembung goreng dgn sambal belacan, laksam, nasik kerabu, kerang rebus, pari bakar, sate, yong taufu, daging kurma and mee kari.
Petang ni ada pasar malam, so I might make it. Kena beli nasi kerabu, laksam dan yong taufu and the work is done, insyaAllah.

No comments:

Post a Comment