Sunday, March 6, 2011

Daughters

Last week I visited my close friend, Puan Nurhaya, who stayed just a stone's throw away from my house. Her daughter Syahidah had just given birth to baby girl about a month ago.

' Remember this baby cot' she asked me. The new baby was sleeping soundly in it.

'Is it Syahidah's cot?' I recognised it since I bought the same cot for cik tutor about thirty years ago.

Time flies very fast. Puan Nurhaya is a grandmother to two grandchildren now. The first grandchild was born in Perth . Syahidah is a pharmacist working in Sungai Buluh hospital. I have photos of syahida and cik tutor when they were little. Cik tutor was one year old and syahidah is 6 months younger. Our families shared a flat when we were students and cik tutor loved to pay them a visit.














No comments:

Post a Comment