Monday, October 25, 2010

Adik Sayang

Last weekend, my mother ,azhar and me took a journey to Kuala Pilah. Our main aim was to visit my sister, Roslili, who is going to perform Hajj in November. Her house is in Taman Bukit Rambai. En suami drove us to Melaka from Pilah on Saturday morning. We stayed overnight at my sister's house.

My brother-in-law (En Azman) is the youngest is his family. Two weeks after their Hajj, they are going to move to Durban, South Africa. The feast was supposed to be a small get-together, but each of his sisters brought along a lot of food and everybody seem to enjoy the food that it ended quite late in the evening. I took the opportunity to get to know them better. We got along fine, and in the end they shared delicious Negeri Sembilan recipes that I could try at home.

At last I met Bibik Sri. We hugged when we saw each other. It has been two years since we last met. She also sent her regards to Cik Tutor. I am glad that she looks happy and fine.

'Suami bibik sudah buat rumah baru, hasil kerjaan bibik,' she said when we were left alone.

'Alhamdulillah, kerja baik-baik bik.' I know I don't have to tell her that because she was the best indonesian maid I've ever met. When she stayed with my mother, she worked from dawn till late at night. She even handwashed all our baju kurungs! Sometimes I wondered where she got all the energy from!
Now she stayed in Air Keroh, Melaka to look after my sister's mother in law who is paralysed. Everybody loves her in Melaka, alhamdulillah.

No comments:

Post a Comment