Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Dear Sons

To my dear sons, En doktor, Aman, Kerol and Azhar.

I've brought you up as good muslims so I hope you'll behave well just like any other good muslims would. Observe your daily prayers, read al-Quran and once in a while offer nightly prayers.

i) Be good to everyone. If there is a damsel in distress, give her a hand. If anybody calls you for any assistance and you happen to be free, then help them. By no means should you feel as if the ladies are going to get you. The moral of the story is : Jangan perasan!

ii) Be a gentleman. Open the doors to the old, the ladies especially pregnant ladies. Offer your seat in public transport to those in need. Don't be selfish like the ones I've seen.

iii) If you happen to have some 'kakaks' who like to call you and give you tips in your studies, then accept the help with open arms. Once again I would like to remind you : Don't ever feel as if the 'kakaks' are going to woo you into marriage. No,no. Just be kind to them and appreciate their generosity. If you are still 'perasan', then I'll ask the 'kakaks' to delete you from their friends list!
And if the 'kakaks' are having some problems and sharing it with you, then lend them your ears. I am sure they don't want solutions. They just want the problems to be out of their system!
Allah give us two ears and only one mouth, so you should listen more.

Lastly, I am sure everyone including the 'kakaks' above know that everything happens by the will of Allah. Jodoh, maut di tangan Allah. Just be sincere with whatever 'amal you are doing and you'll be safe, insyaAllah.

Actually, I don't have any doubts about you, my sons. A few months back, someone mentioned this to me.
"Why can't all muslim boys that I know be like Aman!'
A compliment to me . Alhamdulillah.

No comments:

Post a Comment